Compounded Sterile Injections
An injectable compounded medication is a sterile drug to be administered into the body using a needle and syringe or an I.V. administration set and needle device. There are several routes of administration including:
- Intravenous (I.V.)
- Intramuscular (I.M.)
- Subcutaneous (S.C. or S.Q.)
Injectables must be sterile, have limited endotoxins and must meet labeled potency. Using injectable medication that does not meet these specifications may lead to infections and other more severe complications.
To prevent this risk, a highly-trained pharmacy staff, specially designed facility with proper equipment, quality assurance program, and policies and procedures are essential.
McGuff Compounding Pharmacy Services, Inc. has the experience and expertise in compounding sterile injectables that you can rely on:
- We have undergone rigorous inspections by the California State Board of Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Accreditation Board, and by the International Standards Organization to obtain and maintain our sterile compounding license, accreditations and certifications.
- Our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are trained in aseptic manipulations and are continually tested and certified to insure they are competent.
- A minimum of two pharmacists check all steps in the compounding process for accuracy of calculations, weighings, and to insure that the correct ingredients are used and recorded.
- Our facility is built for compounding and our pharmacists do not work in a retail pharmacy environment with all the inherent distractions.
- Our pharmacy was built with Current Good Manufacturing Practices in mind and has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to properly compound sterile injectables.
- We test all of our injectables for foreign matter, sterility and endotoxin.
- We have a potency testing program in place to insure the potency is accurate.
- We have independent quality assurance and quality system employees that monitor our compounding environment and process.
We understand that your health is valuable and your life is precious. We are dedicated to continuously provide you with the highest quality sterile compounded medication. A prescription from your practitioner is required to obtain a compounded injection medication. Please contact our pharmacy at 877-444-1133 for any inquiries regarding our sterile products.